Coming soon to this PLM Green Alliance page, a compendium of examples from around the world illustrating the use of PLM-enabling technologies and software solutions to address the causes and consequences of climate change due to human-generated greenhouse gas emissions.
These application areas include but are not limited to the following:
- √ make products and processes more efficient
- √ find and develop new sources of renewable energy
- √ store and transmit alternative energy supplies
- √ reduce or sequester human-made carbon emissions
- √ recapture natural greenhouse and methane gasses
- √ develop green manufacturing processes
- √ simulate and test global geoengineering technologies
- √ recycle, reuse, or repurpose assets, materials, and natural resources
- √ monitor a warming planet and impact of climate change
- √ enhance the resiliency of infrastructures, communities and economies
Check back soon as we develop this page and in the interim visit our new PLM Green Global Alliance LinkedIn Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12304531/ where we have begun to share applications and invite others to post their own examples.If you have example applications please submit them with a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or join our LI group and post them there.