PLM Channel Consulting, Marketing Projects, and Business Development Services
PLM Alliances offers Independent Software Providers & Vendors (ISP / ISV), System Integrators (SI), Value Added Resellers (VAR), and Value Added Collaborators (VAC) a portfolio of professional PLM channel consulting and marketing services that spans the business development lifecycle of a PLM partner, alliance, channel, and community program.
Because PLM Alliances works only in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software markets, we immediately understand the context, opportunities, challenges, technical issues, and competitive dynamics of the many solution segments which comprise the nearly $50B global PLM economy. These PLM software markets — both large general purpose and focused niche — include PDM, CAE, CAD, PPM, CM, Viz, CAM, DMfg, AM, MBSE, AEC, EDA, MDO and EIM among several dozen other technology spaces.
The portfolio of PLM channel consulting, marketing, and business development services which PLM Alliances can provide includes:
- √ Independent 360 Degree Survey of Channel Program, Partners & Customers
- √ Partner Prospect Identification, Qualification, Recruitment and Development
- √ Creation and Presentation of an Independent and Unbiased SWOT Analysis
- √ Partnership Space Opportunity Identification, Reconnaissance, and Validation
- √ Industry Strategy, Go-to-Market Plan and Channel Model for Partner Development
- √ Re-Imagining of Collaboration Space Possibilities and Alliance Opportunities
- √ Partner Capability and Competency Analysis
- √ Assessment of Partner Readiness and Channel Friendliness
- √ Facilitation of a Channel Program Design Charrette
- √ Market Positioning, Messaging, Differentiation, and Value Propositions for Partners
- √ New Partner Identification, Engagement, Qualification, Ranking and Recruitment
- √ Sales Enablement Collaterals, Go-to-Market Playbooks, and Sales Presentations
- √ Authoring of Blogs, Articles, Whitepapers, Interviews and Case Studies
- √ Website and Webinar Content Review, Creation, and Tuning for SEO
- √ Partner Ambassador, Market Evangelist, and Analyst/Media Engagement
- √ Partner Conferences, Webinars, and Sales Meeting Support
- √ Channel Business Development and Sales Rep Training and Coaching
- √ Sales Partner Lead Generation Initiatives and Campaign Manager
- √ Community Ecosystem Innovation, Creation, and Expansion
- √ Business Development Team Recruitment and Coaching
- √ Interim or Transitional Partner, Alliance, or Channel Manager
We help small to mid-size organizations that often do not have the resource bandwidth or expertise to perform the above functions and who from time-to-time need an extra hand, head, and heart. Other organizations we assist may have very experienced partner and marketing managers, yet still value external perspectives, insights, and vetting to avoid being seduced by group think that risks missing breakout improvements or new market opportunities.
While many consultants pursue only large clients — where they often make only a small difference to their client’s business — we enjoy and thrive on serving new or smaller clients in our industry where we can make a big difference!
To deliver these services, we work with clients in a highly collaborative hands-on style, often embedded as a team member for the duration of the project assignment, whether it be a month or a year. And since our focus is on producing business results, not written reports, we don’t leave after the strategy or plan is developed, but remain deeply involved to participate in or lead the execution until the desired outcomes are achieved.
Read more about the common myths and mistakes of PLM partner building, which PLM Alliances helps our clients to avoid, at Alliance Alchemy.